Saturday, October 15, 2011

In Remembrance

While I'm celebrating today with family and friends the impending arrival of our sweet son, Cale, I wanted to take a moment to remember the three lives that Alan and I created that have gone before all of us to be with the Father.

October 15th is Pregnancy and Infant Loss Remembrance Day.  Former President Ronald Reagan proclaimed October as Pregnancy and Infant Loss Remembrance Month in 1988; however, in 2006 Pregnancy and Infant Loss Remembrance Day was was officially recognized on October 15th. This day honors and acknowledges babies lost to miscarriage, stillbirth, ectopic pregnancy, prematurity complications, neonatal death, SIDS, illness, accidents, and other tragic causes.

Since my post last year (here), a lot has changed in our lives.  During that time we were given hope from our physician that our medical problems had been solved and that there was a light at the end of our tunnel. Granted, we realized that even with a healthy, restored body bringing a child into our lives would have to be part of God's plan. Praise God for answered prayers!! :) We are so thankful that He is still in the miracle business!

It is my prayer today that anyone dealing with the hopelessness and grief of a pregnancy loss or infant loss can find peace, comfort, and healing in the arms of the Father.  Please remember today (and every day) that ALL lives are precious and purposeful to the Lord.

  • If you are praying for a specific couple today in your life, please message me their name(s) so that I join you in prayer!
  • For those of you that need a family to pray for, message me and I will provide you with a specific family.
  • And, if you are a woman who has walked this path, I want to encourage you to minister to other women in your life that face similiar circumstances. Pray with them, listen to them, and love on them!
Today I'm thankful for the four little lives that I've HELD, and I'm thankful for the Savior who HELD me in my darkest grieving hours--He is the same God who HOLDS me in the palm of His hand every day. I'm thankful that God used those 'dark days' in our lives ultimately transform our hearts, bringing Him the most glory!

If you are the mother to one of these sweet baby angel's please leave a comment below, because I would LOVE to pray for you and your family today. There is something so beautiful about the way God touches a grieving mother's heart. 
Thanks for taking the time to remember these angel babies with me today!

Photobucket

1 comments:

Allison said...

I would love a family to pray for! :)

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for stopping by my blog today and leaving me some comment love :) Hope your day is blessed!