Monday, February 4, 2013

Ch-Ch-Ch-Changes

Cale is now fourteen months old and changing before our eyes daily. I know I'm pretty partial to my little guy, but he is one of the funniest kids I know ;) I could just sit and laugh at him all day long!

He has become quite the ladies man! He loves to plant one on the lips of any (and every) pretty girl he comes across. He started this behavior with his close friends, but now he's ventured out to "strangers."

Last Sunday when I picked him up from the nursery at church two little girls followed him to the baby gate. As I was talking to the teacher I glanced down just in time to see him kiss both girls on the lips. The younger of the two girls embraced him in a hug and they kissed three times (gasp!) before ending it with a "byeeeeeee." As I mentioned on Facebook, I'd not seen the little girls before. It's usually a class full of boys during that particular church service. Sooooo, I'd like to thank that my sweet little boy with the servant's heart was just going out of his way to make the visitors feel welcome. Right?! (Or he could just be his father's son!)


Then, today while at the park he victimized a pretty blonde pig-tailed girl, Rosie. She was probably 2 1/2 years old and seemed to take a liking to him quickly. After following him around for awhile she went in for the hug, so he took it upon himself to plant a big kiss right on her lips! Phew. I have my hands full.


Just this last week we started to switch up his night time routine. Usually, I would give him his milk in a bottle, cuddle him the recliner in his room, and sing/read to him before bedtime. I've kinda held off braking the habit of the night time bottle just because the momma in me doesn't want to face the fact that he's not a little baby anymore :/  Since we've known about baby brother Wade, we've known that we would remove the recliner from Cale's room so that it could go in the baby's room. Alan suggested that we start getting Cale used to a new routine now (he's a genius!), so we've worked on switching up bedtime habits. I expected a big fuss the first night, but Cale proved him wrong. He took his milk (still from a bottle) on the couch downstairs cuddled in my lap, got carried upstairs to his bed, said prayers, and placed in his bed where he immediately cuddled up and went to sleep. That was four nights ago. Tonight? He sat by himself (not even on my lap) on the couch, drank his milk from his cup, and went to bed. My heart broke a little.

God knew I was going to need a little baby in my arms soon, because this growing up business is hard on my heart. At this sappy rate, I might have a whole football team.

Photobucket

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for stopping by my blog today and leaving me some comment love :) Hope your day is blessed!