Thursday, August 19, 2010

Two Steps Forward, One Step Back

I had this nice, inspirational, "pump-me-up" type blog all ready to go for today, but I've taken a step backwards. :(  Today is the day that I start my Lupron Depot injections.  I'm ready to take on menopause. In fact, I'm going to punch it in the face and push it down to the ground.  I just knew when I woke up this morning I'd hear some sort of aggressive theme music in my head---kind of like when a super hero or athlete performing an amazing task. I haven't decided on my theme music yet, but that's something I'm still pondering....!

Anyhow, that's totally NOT how my day started. Poo.  While in the shower this morning something snagged my hair. At closer inspection, I noticed that the BIG diamond from my wedding ring was missing! :(  Instant freakout--after washed the shampoo out of my hair--tears, like alligator sized tears.  Alan and I tore apart the bedding at 4:50am this morning and combed through our bedroom carpet. I'm fairly certain (97%) that it was still in place when I was getting ready for bed last night. I'm at work now, no diamond, swollen eyes, and an upset belly. Ugh!  .....so Menopause, I'm not really in the mood for you today, ok?!

On a humorous noted, I was crying and didn't know how to tell Alan that I'd lost my diamond from the beautiful ring that he'd picked out for me several years ago.  I turned on my bedside lamp and he somewhat rustled around under the sheets.  The first words out of my mouth to him, "Don't move!"  In his sleepy, dreaming state for some ODD reason (because we all know he's odd--he's a boy), he thought that I'd pooped the bed and was instructing him not to move! He pulled the sheets up over his head.  I'm fairly certain positive that I have NEVER pooped the bed at any time beyond my infant years. He makes me giggle!

Photobucket

2 comments:

The Nolen's said...

I am SOOOO sorry you lost your diamond, but the "poop the bed" story is one of the funniest things I've heard in a long time.

In other news, I'll help you punch menopause in te face, deal?

Jill said...

ha ha ha ha! I can't stop laughing about Alan thinking you pooped the bed...seriously I am still laughing outloud!!
Despite my laughter I truly am sad about your diamond! I hope it turns up somehow :(

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for stopping by my blog today and leaving me some comment love :) Hope your day is blessed!