Saturday, November 27, 2010

12 Days of Christmas, Day Five





FAVORITE HOLIDAY MOVIE

Tough one. Really. Tough.

I'm going to have to narrow it down to these two favorites:

I watch ELF all year round :)

"I'm singing....I'm in a store and I'm siiiiiiingiiiiiing."

"Buddy the Elf, what's your favorite color?"

"I just like to smile. Smilings my favorite."

Aaahhh, it never gets old with me.

....and not just any 'ol Rudolph will do, this one we affectionately call "Fuzzy Rudolph" at our house. I got this last year for Christmas in a box set of Christmas classics.  It's not Christmas season unless you've watched Fuzzy Rudolph.

And, of course, there are some notable movies that I associate with Christmas and my childhood:

The Grinch. My dad's all-time favorite holiday movie. We watched this every Christmas season in our household growing up.

 There's just something magical about Polar Express. I remember reading the book often as a child, so naturally I was stoked when the movie came out.  It still gives me warm fuzzies :)
I'm obviously a child of the 80s-90s era, because THIS is the Miracle on 34th Street  that I fell in love with.....not the classic, what?!


Good 'ol Home Alone. I'm pretty sure I still own this on VHS, still hasn't made the upgrade list yet. 

 If you're a hip girl around my age(ish), don't act like you haven't seen Mary Kate and Ashley Olsen's "To Grandmothers House We Go."   Seriously. wanted. to. be. them.

 And, lastly, what's a holiday season without an Earnest movie? ....making a close tie for first place is "Earnest Goes to Camp." :)

There you have my Christmas Movie List Extrodinare.  I'm tempted to tackle all these movies during December just for 'old times sake :)


Photobucket

7 comments:

Kit said...

Elf and Home Alone are two of my favorites too! Great choices!

Neely said...

I must tell you when To Grandmothers House we go is on I ALWAYS WATCH IT! Nice to know others like it too hehe

Candice Pair said...

Awesome choices! Can't wait to sit down and enjoy all of these movies!!!

Amanda Moury said...

We totally have a couple in common! :) And some of these I like to enjoy year round! hahaha Great list Lindsi!

Dana said...

Grinch is my favorite! and i have the same box set of the classics!

April Rowell said...

To Grandmother's House We Go.....LOVE it!!!!!

Casey said...

I totally forgot about To Grandmother's House We Go!! And I love the newer version of Miracle on 34th Street, too! I've been trying to get my boyfriend to watch it with me for some time now..(he's been judging it by it's cover)
p.s. I'm your newest follower, cute blog!! Glad my "tutorial" on wreath making helps you out! :)

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for stopping by my blog today and leaving me some comment love :) Hope your day is blessed!