Wednesday, November 24, 2010

12 Days of Christmas, Day Three





BEST GIVE YOU'VE RECEIVED

On our first married Christmas, Alan surprised me with some diamond earrings! :) I dont think they have come out of my ears since. I always supply him with a plentiful list; however, these were not on my list. This was so thoughtful, meaningful, and special of him to do for his new wife on our first Christmas as a married couple.

I was always the first child to present my entire family with a Christmas list--I guess I've never been shy about asking for things. During upper elementary and middle school one thing always topped my list: my own phone line! :) I wanted so bad to be cool like everyone else. Well, I eventually got my "own" phone line whenever the good 'ol dial up internet made its way into our household. As the years passed by my Christmas list progressed to the "Spreadsheet of Gifts." Haha. It's cool that you're laughing right now. I spent plenty of time creating my family an entire spreadsheet that had my wish list broke down into price categories.  I'm going to go ahead and confess to this now, during our early years I even created Alan a Power Point presentation with my Christmas List :)  I'm hardcore, what can I say?!

Photobucket

11 comments:

Lindsey said...

the powerpoint presentation of your christmas list.. thats hilarious! i love it!

Aly @ Analyze This said...

Oh, I love that you made a PowerPoint presentation! I seriously may do that this year!! Love the idea!

Thanks for playing along - I really have enjoyed getting to know more about you!

Have a blessed Thanksgiving! Xo

Sarah Ann said...

This is so funny! I love it! And I have some pearl earrings that my grandmother gave me right before my wedding and I hardly take them out either! Just found your blog! I'm following!

Neely said...

Diamond earrings are fabulous! I love your blog and its been so fun to read it!!

Kerbi said...

What a thoughtful husband! Supplying family with a present list is a terrific idea!

Molly said...

Oh my word, you crack me up girl! So if I sent you my list, you could put together a nice little presentation to show my hubbs? HA! Totally kidding!

That's sweet about the earrings, what a wonderful hubbs you have! We're so blessed to have great men!

Hope you have a wonderful Thanksgiving, friend!

xoxo

Kit said...

You sound like me when I was younger ! :) The earring were such a special gift!

Have a great Thanksgiving!

Unknown said...

You're hilarious! I love it, but what I REALLY love are your pj's!

The Nolen's said...

You crack me up. My dad always had us go through the sales ads and circle what we wanted. He still wants me to do that, but they don't always have what I want :)

As for Dustin - i have to tell him specifically what I want, and generally I just go pick it up myself. Ha.

Unknown said...

Great gifts! Too funny and I am not shy about it but I think I felt bad for it too!

Btw I love your blog, I found you yesterday and I meant to look for your email address here on your blog, and today I looked only to be a little sad that it isnt here! I have PCOS and Endro too and I understand fully about the heartache they cause.. Id love to talk but fully understand if you dont!

Have a lovely and Happy Thanksgiving!

the "L" spot said...

And I thought I was bad, I just posted mine on the fridge, which well I still do! lol i'm loving your blog btw!

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for stopping by my blog today and leaving me some comment love :) Hope your day is blessed!