Tuesday, November 23, 2010

12 Days of Christmas, Day Two




BLACK FRIDAY
GENERAL SHOPPING TIPS AND TRICKS

I'm not the one to give any Black Friday advice, mostly because I avoid it like the black plague. As a matter of fact, other than a few odds and ends for my husband, I am DONE Christmas shopping for the year--Naughty Santa gifts and all :)

I prefer to start Christmas shopping in the September-October time frame. I start a little large list of people that we have to purchase gifts for during the holiday season, and it makes it easy for me to keep my eye out for unique, fun gifts!  I'm a big craft-show goer, and having my list handy allows me to purchase more personalized gifts during the fall season.  I feel that when I wait until the last minute, I'm forced to go to our mall and purchase a regular, run-of-the-mill item from a big chain store.  Not that there is anything wrong with those gifts (there are plenty of them on my list), it's just not my gift-giving style.

I LOVE giving gifts, but my funds don't allow for me to purchase things for everybody. For friends, acquaintances, and coworkers I prefer to stick with a homemade craft or food goodies.  I can use my handy-dandy Cricut to personalize anything! :)

I know I don't offer a lot of wisdom when it comes to shortcuts, tricks, and savings during the holiday rush, but now you know my gift-giving secrets.

Photobucket

10 comments:

Molly said...

Just ANOTHER reason I MUST GET A CRICUT!

Love these shopping tips, even though you avoid black friday shopping, ha! ;)

Hope you have a great day!

xoxo

Amanda Moury said...

Love your tips, and I agree with Molly, just makes me want a Cricut that much MORE! I love giving gifts too :) Great post Lindsi! Happy Tuesday!

Kit said...

Great tips... I love them! I am not a big fan of Black Friday either

Caroline said...

You sound a lot like me. I'd rather stay at home and sleep.

Unknown said...

Never done the Black Friday shopping, but I am this year! We will see how it goes!

Courtney said...

I am so jealous you already have all of your Christmas shopping done! I love all of your tips!

April Rowell said...

You are a super shopper!!! I haven't purchased one gift, not one!! You got me hooked on this blogging thing!! It's all your fault I'm glued to my computer writing my next blog :)

Neely said...

I do not black Friday shop either! I am almost done hehe

Unknown said...

I dont do black friday either. A little boutique shopping here and there late in the afternoon but nothing crazy. I shop over the year! haha and I love giving too!

The Nolen's said...

I like Black Friday shopping for a few items. I like the awesome deals and people watching. My sister and I have sort of made it a tradition to go to QT to get a large coffee/cappucino and hit up the Wal-Mart :)

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for stopping by my blog today and leaving me some comment love :) Hope your day is blessed!