Monday, January 3, 2011

Siesta Scripture Memory Team, Join Me

It's time to get this new year started off right!  I've read of many others participating in Beth Moore's Siesta Scripture Memory Team (SSMT) challenge for 2011, so I've decided to play along. Basically, on the 1st and 15th of every month you will choose a Bible verse to commit to memory--that leaves you memorizing 24 verses during 2011.  Beth points out that 365 days is a looooonnnnng time, enough time for you to stumble into many valleys. Those valleys are inevitable, as are those mountain tops that God has laid out before us to stand upon! :)  Join me in memorizing some of the promises of God, to help carry us through those valleys.

Each month I will post my scripture on the 1st and 15th, please leave me a comment with the scripture you are comitting to learn. Let's encourage each other on this journey!

Please visit Beth Moore's blog here to learn more information on her SSMT.

Without further adieu.....

"Forget about what's happened! Don't keep going over old history.  Be alert! Be present! I'm about to do something brand new.  It's bursting out! Don't you see it?  There it is. I'm making a road in the desert and rivers in the badlands."  Isaiah 43:18-19, The Message

This verse reminds me that the Author of my life hasn't set the pen down yet--He's still writing an AMAZING story. Sometimes we have to be still and look for it, but it's always there.

Photobucket

4 comments:

Katie @ Miss Klohn's Classroom said...

Love that verse!!! For sure adding it to my list in my prayer journal!

Raymond said...

Wow...Very appropriate for what I am going though right now. Thanks

Rebekah said...

What a wonderful verse! I'm also doing this, and my verse is

"May those who fear you rejoice when they see me, for I have put my faith in your word."
Psalm 119:74

I'm so excited for this year!

Anonymous said...

I love this. Great verse too!
I am participating in the SSMT too...
My verse is: Jesus said to them: With man this is impossible, but with God all things are possible. Matthew 19:26

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for stopping by my blog today and leaving me some comment love :) Hope your day is blessed!