Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Food Lately

During this first trimester of pregnancy I have definitely experienced food cravings and aversions---none of which have resulted in any sort of tearful, emotional pregnant break-downs, luckily! :) (True story: my co-worker, who is also pregnant, had a tearful meltdown over Strawberry Poptarts in the vending machine several weeks ago!)

I have only experienced one MAJOR aversion: MEAT. Eeeek!  The thought of eating a large chunk of meat makes me want to vomit.....like, steak, meatloaf, porkchops, some chicken.  I have been able to eat meat in small portions, like meat that is mixed into a casserole.  Yesterday afternoon, Alan grilled some Brat's. I 'fixed' the meat-phobia problem by cutting one brat in half, length wise, and filling the hotdog bun with lots of mustard, onion, and cheese! It works! :)

As far as cravings are concerned, they change daily! Our household is mostly a Taco Bueno household; however, this little baby of mine CRAVES bean burritos from Taco Bell! We don't even have a Taco Bell close to our house, so it proves to be a bit of a problem.  I also have been craving fresh fruit and veggies--I've been roasting my veggies in EVOO. Yay for a somewhat healthy craving!!  Another favorite of the baby's mine: french fries with lots of ketchup!  Other than those constants, my cravings seem to change with the days on the calendar.

Alan took me out to a fancy, YUMMY dinner last weekend at a local restaurant within the Renaissance Hotel. We wined and dined on the most delicious dishes! 

Water and Tea
Lobster Bisque
Salad
Lamb Shank
Chicken Penne Pasta with Spinach and Mushrooms
Mushroom Risotto
Parmesan Garlic Bread
Creme Brulee
and, Coffee






There were several problems with this: 1) it was delicious and I want it all. the. time! 2) it was a $100 meal (oops! luckily we had a gift certificate!) and 3) I threw all of it up immediately after arriving at home.

Overall, I'm right within the 3-5 pound weight gain during the first fourteen weeks! Thankfully, my healthy cravings have balanced out those not-so-healthy splurges--whew.

What were some of your pregnancy cravings?
Photobucket

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for stopping by my blog today and leaving me some comment love :) Hope your day is blessed!