Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Mother's Day Recap

Time to get caught up on plenty of events that have been going on in our lives lately! 

Like I mentioned last week, we broke the BABY NEWS to our families on Mother's Day :) We hosted a brunch for my mom and grandma shortly after church---then, hit up Alan's dads house----then, his mom's house---then, my other grandma's house! Phew! It was an exciting, action-packed day!

Here are some pictures from our day:


Quiche


Gram, Mom, and I
Alan got me my shirt for Mother's Day :)


Alan, Dan (Alan's Stepdad), and I


Jordan, Gram, and I


Mema playing Speed Scrabble with Papa
She created this word with a little encouragement from her kids and grandkids :)


Brooke playing Jenga

The Whole Crew

We Skyped Alan's sister, Jill, and her family to tell them the news!  Both of our momma's claimed "they knew" based on mother's intuition, so Jill's response was my  favorite of the day! Sorry, Moms! ;)  (I've attempted to upload that video multiple times without success :(  )

Photobucket

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

A HUGE congrats...how exciting that a lil one will be joining you this Christmas!!! Praying for an uneventful next few months!!!

Ashley said...

Alan is sooo sweet for getting you that shirt!!!

Looks like your "first" mothers day was a success!!

Caroline said...

What a great day to share the news!!!

Rebekah said...

So fun! I love your shirt.

Neely said...

That shirt is so cute!

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for stopping by my blog today and leaving me some comment love :) Hope your day is blessed!