Monday, August 8, 2011

21 Weeks

.....days and days late (with no belly picture this week. ::Sad face::)

How far along: 21 Weeks :)

Size of the Baby: Carrot (14 ounces, 10-11 inches)

Total Weight Gain: +10 Pounds

Maternity Clothes: Um, yes! What in the world did I do before stretchy, comfortable britches. Be still my heart!

Gender: Frogs, Snails and Puppy Dog Tails
Cale Michael

Movement:  I had this theory about his positioning within my belly based on his "kicking" location, which was confirmed with our ultrasound this week. His head is on the right side of my belly, and he's stretched out long-ways to the other side.  He seems to be mostly active in the mornings and evenings, but I'm started to feel those kicks and punches at random times during the day. I know it will become more frequent as my little guy grows!

Sleep: My sleep has been fairly good this week, with special thanks to my Boppy Maternity Pillow from my parents! I LOVE that thing :) (so does Bentley, ha!)  I usually get up once or twice to potty at night, and I usually wake up once or twice with leg cramps....I seem to fall back asleep easily though. (Speaking of pregnancy leg cramps, any one have some suggestions?!)
What I Miss: NOTHING!

Cravings: Nothing in particular.

Symptoms:  I have been real achy this week in my hips, bottom, and lower back.  By the end of the day I feel like a 90-year-old grandma--seriously!  I think it just has to do with my own anatomy and how Cale is growing in my belly. It's putting a lot of pressure on those areas. I  hope I'm not one of those mommies that battles Sciatica during pregnancy. I keep worrying about all this expanding pressure putting stress on that nerve.  Other than that, I just have a typical growing belly and growing belly waddle :)

Best Moment This Week:  Seeing our little guy on ultrasound again! We got to record the whole thing, so we've been enjoying seeing him whenever we want this week!! I know I'm a bit partial, but he sure is handsome, like his Daddy :)

I didn't want to miss documenting this week, but I have been sitting in my office all weekend without putting on makeup or being presentable for a picture. Promise, promise, promise to have one next week.

Bentley Relaxing with the Maternity Pillow




Photobucket

3 comments:

Rebekah said...

How fun! I feel like your pregnancy is just flying by!

Nessa said...

For your achyness: request a referral to a physical therapist (I reccommend Red Bud, if the insurance will cover it). They can help you with excercises and stretches (specifically pelvic floor stuff) that will help you not hurt so much. I had a lot of pain in both my pregnancies and that helped tremendously! Good luck and I love reading about y'all and Cale!!!

Ashley Slater said...

I just stumbled across your blog and I love how you are documenting your pregnancy! So creative!!!

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for stopping by my blog today and leaving me some comment love :) Hope your day is blessed!