Thursday, September 29, 2011

29 Weeks and Sneak Peek

How Far Along: 29 Weeks

Size of Baby: Butternut Squash (15 inches, 2 1/2 pounds)
This is funny to me.....seeing how TWO weeks ago he weighed 2 pounds, 9 ounces. We see our little stinker again next week, can't wait to see how much he's grown! According to our pregnancy books, he has his most major growth spurt between 28-32 weeks.

Maternity Clothes: I got another bin full of maternity clothes from my friend, Sarah, this week! This is the THIRD set of hand-me-down's she's given me. Everytime I have new clothes to go through it's like Christmas morning--I love having nice, pretty clothes to cover my expanding belly! It makes a girl feel good :)
Sleep: I sleep pretty good---getting in and out of bed is another story. Ha!
Best Moment this Week:  Finishing up on Cale's room, Saturday Alan and his folks put their efforts together to hang a new ceiling fan.  Until we have our baby showers and start acquiring more things, the nursery is pretty much completed! It was my own goal to get all that stuff done before third trimester, just so I have some time to relax and enjoy these last few weeks of pregnancy.

Tuesday night during dinner I confessed to Alan my bittersweet feelings of pregnancy. I really DO love being pregnant, but at the same time, I'm also really ready to meet this little guy! I've been kinda weepy in the past week over my pregnancy that is winding down.  I'll miss being pregnant, waddling around, rubbing my belly, and talking to the little person growing inside me!  We've waited so long for these moments, and I've enjoyed being able to cherish each and every stage as it's come along.  As soon as I woke up Wednesday morning, Cale made me eat those sweet pregnancy thoughts! Haha! I battled pain (not discomfort) all day long in my lower back, tailbone, hips, legs and ankles.  He wanted to make it perfectly clear that as much as I was enjoying pregnancy he is NOT going to stay in there any longer than he has to! Point taken, kiddo.

This week you caught me in my jammies (sans make-up too) :) We are heading to the lake later this afternoon, so I figured pajamas was better than a bathing suit picture, eeeek!




And, for your enjoyment, here are a few sneak peek pictures at the nursery!

We didn't want to go over-the-top with a theme AND we didn't want it too baby-ish. We went with an average eclectic little boys room, things that represent all aspects of who we are as a family. We wanted it to be a room he could grow with---one that I wasn't having to paint or change the furniture every two years.









Photobucket

3 comments:

Caroline said...

Ahhh, so cute! Did you get the high chair?

Jessica @ Stiletto & a fishing pole said...

Happy 29 weeks! You are looking SOOOO cute!

Molly said...

LOVE the color of the dresser, so great! The sneak peek of the room looks wonderful. Can't wait to see the whole thing ;)

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for stopping by my blog today and leaving me some comment love :) Hope your day is blessed!