Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Help a Girl Out

Alright, ladies, I'm seeking your advice :)

Little baby things have taken over our life and our home, and we have enjoyed playing with these new 'toys' so much in preparation for Cale.  Like probably to the point that it should be embarrassing.

I know I have some Mommy readers, but I also know that a lot of you are super creative and anal retentive (like myself on that last part!).

I'm starting to prepare a list of things for......
a) Diaper Bag
b) Hospital Bag

I have a pretty good idea of the basic necessities for each, but I thought some of you could help me out from personal experience.  What made your life easier? What made your hospital stay better? 

Feel free to speak up and leave me a comment--help a girl out :)
I'm looking for those non-traditional answers (ie: diapers, wipes, burp cloths, etc)

We have several connections with the L&D girls and Nursery girls at the hospital we will be using, so we've got some inside scoop that our doctor doesn't like to schedule his c-sections in advance. As in, it wouldn't be too weird if we showed up at a check-up appointment only to be sent across the street to have a baby! Ha, this freaked us out a little. Starting in November, we planned to be fully packed and prepared to have this happen to us--diaper bag and hospital bag packed. Thus, I'm trying to get all my ducks in a row.

Photobucket

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dana from HancockHeir:

Take your boppy! It would have made my life so much easier in the hospital for breastfeeding :)

allie-mac-fallie said...

hey! I am working on a post on this exact thing!! I think you will find it rather helpful!

Also, thanks so much for your sweet comment on my blog-- I noticed when I went to reply to it is said that you didn't have an email associated with your blog... just wanted you to know :)

here was my reply to your comment :

"hahah I WISH!!! OH MY GOSH.... I can not tell you how hard the wait is for me haha! I never thought I would make it to my due date-- much less PAST it haha! :)

Hopefully she will be here sooner than later!! :) "

Good Luck- and check my blog in the next couple of days for help with your bags!! :)

(i still am unsure as to if I bring my diaper bag to the hospital or not... there isnt much in it at this point anyways so maybe you can help me on that part! ha!)

alexis said...

I'm not a mom, and I don't have mom experince, but I nanny a lot. Wet ones and hand anitizers are a MUST in diaper bags!! And CONGRATS! :) that's so exciting!

Lauren said...

I was totally miserable in the hospital...I'd say take a giant DO NOT DISTURB sign so you can actually get some rest! Definitely take the Boppy (the My Brest Friend pillow worked better for me at first) and your pump just in case!

Ashley said...

Coming from a momma that had a csection do not take your personal undies, you get those awesome gauze like panties ( Chad told the nurse my gauze undies were sexy and asked if they came in black, I still laugh about it a year later)
Pack your bag like you are staying at a hotel for 3 days with loose clothing and nursing bras I did take my hair dryer and my sister straightened my hair. take your own pillow and boppy.
All cale needs is a couple cute outfits for pictures and to go home in and of course a blanket. Don't forget the insert in his baby book for his footprints! Sorry I feel like I just wrote you a novel!

Kristen said...

I agree with the ladies that said boppy, that was a great thing to have at the hospital.

I would also say chapstick for yourself, I thought the hospital was REALLY dry and wanted chapstick SO bad (same with face lotion). Then of course comfy clothes (changing into clothes made me feel much better), probably a headband.

As for baby we really didn't need much of anything until we were getting ready to head home. Then just an outfit, blanky, and carseat!

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for stopping by my blog today and leaving me some comment love :) Hope your day is blessed!