Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Mommy and Cale Update

Morning, friends and family!

Just wanted to give y'all a quick update. Both Cale and I are still hospitalized :/

Since he was four weeks early he is spending some time in the NICU working on getting stronger. I've been so proud of his accomplishments over the last four days, though! He is completely off any oxygen now, and they've moved him to a big boy bed--not an isolette. His current goal is to work on his feedings. He started out eating 5mL per feeding, now we are at 20mL. He's such a strong, brave boy! I'm ready to be snuggled in at home with him, though!

Me? Well, Im still a patient too. I've had some trouble recoverning from the surgery---not necessarily pain wise, though. We're still having trouble controlling my blood pressure and pulse rate, and as of this morning, my hemoglobin was a 6 (very low!) leaving me quite, quite anemic. To spare you with all the details, getting you to pictures of my handsome son more quickly, I'll just tell you that I've spent the majority of my day today in my hospital bed receiving FOUR units of blood. Yes, four.  Geez Louise, this 'ol body of mine!

Feast your eyes on the most perfect thing that Alan and I have ever done, the perfect culmination of our love for each other.



10 comments:

Erin Branscom said...

I am praying you heal and are home soon! I love your blog! I hope you don't mind that I became a follower! :) Erin

Unknown said...

My gracious, I don't like hearing that, however it sounds of if they are STILL taking good care of you & Cale. I've been thinking about you all constantly. Praying for a quicker recovery.

On the other hand, he is so beauitful & looks just like his Mommy. His skin is gorgeous!

PLease keep up updated as much as you can.
XoXo!

Ashley said...

Wow - how did I miss that you had him!? He is ADORABLE!!! I am soo glad he made it here safely!!! I hope both you and him get better soon!!! Can't wait to see more pictures, but from what I have seen, he's a perfect mix of both you and the hubs!! That's one good looking baby!!

Mateya said...

What a hansome little guy! I hope you both continue to get better and get home soon!

Kendall said...

He is so handsome... and I think he looks just like you Lindsi! Praying for all of you!

Anonymous said...

Dana from Hancockheir:

He is adorable! Hope you recover soon and that Cale gets sronger each day! Keeping you in thoughts and prayers

April Rowell said...

Can't wait to hold that precious baby boy!

Unknown said...

Thinking about y'all. RE-cap! I need to know everything is okay & see MORE beautiful pictures!

Unknown said...

Mommy ... UPDATE. I'm starting to worry a little.

Paige said...

I wish that I would of saw this blog post earlier than now. I am so sorry that you and Cale both had to spend extra time in the hospital. Being in the nicu is so very stressful and tiresome, I can only imagine your pain of you being there as well. Even though you're both doing better now I will being praying! Loves.

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for stopping by my blog today and leaving me some comment love :) Hope your day is blessed!