Friday, January 6, 2012

Postpartum Craziness

Here's where I spill the beans about my postpartum craziness....it's not what  you'd expect, though! I will confess that postpartum hormones are terrible. I thought I'd been through everything hormonally with my Lupron treatments and pregnancy in general, but boy, was I wrong?! For me the postpartum part was the worst. I'm sure it's different for every girl, though.

Anyhow, back to the subject.  Other than general crankiness from sleep deprivation, I really never felt depressed, super overwhelmed, sad, etc. after coming home with Cale; therefore, I didn't have the 'baby blues' or depression. What I did struggle with is quite the laughing matter, really, now that I think about it. I shed tears. Many tears. I had anxiety. Fluttery stomach. Sweaty palms. Rapid breathing. Restlessness. Over my Master Bedroom.  Yup, you read correctly. My master bedroom caused me to go nuts. All of the sudden I was completely unhappy and uncomfortable with our bedroom, decor, and such. It no longer was a place where I felt restful, so I temporarily moved to the spare bedrooom over this nonsense. I tried to explain these feelings to Alan, who mostly looked at me with a confused blank stare. Can you blame him?!

Long story short. I'm selling the furniture in our room and attempting to re-vamp the decor on a small budget. All because of my stupid hormones. I'm totally blaming these irrational, crazy thoughts on my post-baby hormones, because in general, I'm not crazy or irrational at all.

I'm thankful for my very understanding husband ;)  and I hope you found some amusement in my postpartum craziness! I wanted to share this with all my pregnant or soon-to-be pregnant friends just so you know that your times 'a coming!

Photobucket

5 comments:

April Rowell said...

I really hope you get those wood floors ;)

Lauren said...

I totally understand :)

The Nolen's said...

HaHa, I understand, well kind of, but we just got a new bed.

Michelle said...

Lesson I learned: No such thing as "normal" - just go with your emotions. I cried that we ruined the dogs life after we had Lily. Then I cried because "anyone" could give her a bath, change her diaper, or feed her. You're a Momma now... it's okay to feel a little insane, part of the job description!

Unknown said...

Funny, but not. However, I'm tickle to death to read this. No, not because of your horrible hormones but clearly because all I can picture is You {a woman} crying herendasly to Alan {her husband} and explaining to him it's all the bedrooms fault.
I do not think you are crazy. I think you are GREAT! PLEASE keep us updated. :)

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for stopping by my blog today and leaving me some comment love :) Hope your day is blessed!