Thursday, April 19, 2012

Mommy Thoughts on American Idol

Anyone out there watch Amerian Idol?

I was disappointed tonight to see Colton Dixon leave the Idol stage. He wasn't the greatest vocalist in the competition, so I didn't think he was 'winner' material in that aspect. BUT, I adored his heart to worship. Several weeks ago when he chose to sing a worship song during the competition he really caught my attention.  It takes guts to show your faith like that in today's society, especically for a 'young' person competing in a secular singing competition and trying to find their place in this world.  I found him to be refreshing!

These days I look through things in the eyes of a mother.  Prior to this world view for me I would have thought, "Hey, that's pretty cool of him to do." Now I look at young people like him and I think of my son. I have hopes and dreams, big dreams, for Cale, but most of all, I want him to be hopelessly in love with the Father. I want him to have the heart of a servant in all that he does in life. It's my prayer for Cale that, like Colton Dixon, he has the courage to worship and passionately serve God wherever he is placed in life.

It's because of those dreams that I have for my son that I've become thankful for young role models like Colton Dixon. Like Tim Tebow. Like Colt McCoy (Gasp! I said it.). Like Bubba Watson. Like Trevor Bayne.

Now, more than ever, I'm thankful for these young individuals who take a stand for faith while following His calling in their lives. And, I'm thankful for the impact they could potentially have on my son.


Photobucket

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a handsome lil doll...oxymoron saying doll and handsome but he is just so precious!

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for stopping by my blog today and leaving me some comment love :) Hope your day is blessed!