Saturday, April 28, 2012

Out of Retirement

I referred to my 'work' in my last post, but I just realized that I've left you all hanging on my job situation.  Last time I discussed my job situation was during my pregnancy, and at that time there was so much unknown about what was in store for our family post-Cale's arrival.

Long story short, I left my old job as a paramedic at Tulsa's ambulance service. There was no way I could keep such a demanding work schedule, especially with Alan being gone for an entire 24-hours every third day.

For the first four months of Cale's life, I was blessed with the opportunity to stay home and fall more and more in love every day with my baby boy. It wasn't entirely our plan, but it was obviously God's plan.

I knew I needed to work to make a little bit of money to help support our family, but for our family situation, I needed something with flexible hours and scheduling.  All I could do during this waiting/transition period was to trust that God had something perfect out there for me! Lo and behold, HE DID! Isn't our God awesome?!

 I have always been a worker, and even though my mommy job kept me busy 24/7, there was no monetary value to it.  Alan was working lots of extra shifts and we were missing Daddy around the house!! :(  No longer could I justify spending money to get my hair done, buying salon quality shampoo, scheduling lunch or dinner dates with friends (etc!) without feeling guilty. It was a very weird experience to know that I was spending money without making any money. I realize that those things listed are shallow and superficial, but I'm just being real. I promise we don't live some extravagant, flamboyant life! I wanted to feel like I was contributing to our household, and I wanted Cale to have some special time with Daddy!

I found a job working for a paramedical company. Basically, I do 'physicals' (for lack of a better term) for insurance companies with clients who have applied for life insurance.  I schedule my own clients on my own time. I don't work from an office, just my house. It works perfect for our little family, and I'm so thankful for the flexibility that it gives us. Between the two of us, we are able to keep Cale at home during the days. I love that we are both getting to experience life with him at this stage!
It feels so good to contribute again! I've met some awfully nice, sweet people in this job---much different from our local emergency clientele ;) I'm looking forward to making a hair appointment and getting mama some new jeans! It's the little things in life, huh?!

Photobucket

1 comments:

Ashley said...

Congrats on the new job!!! Soo exciting!!!

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for stopping by my blog today and leaving me some comment love :) Hope your day is blessed!