Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Proverbs 4:23

Many of you that actually know my husband know that he prefers to celebrate his entire birth month---not just one day :) Some days it's a blessing to me, while other days it's a curse. Ha!

 On January 1st we committed to reading our Bibles together each day (for obvious reasons we don't read together on his 24-hour fire station days). We are following a 'read your Bible in one year' track provided by our church's phone app. We usually finish up our day spending time together in the Word, unless we have a special occasion in which we plan accordingly.  Spending time studying God's word together has been a HUGE blessing to us :)  We have seen God move in our lives in extra special ways lately......for starters, my mom was baptized two weekends ago AND my grandma will be baptized this coming weekend. God is SO GOOD to us!

Today marks DAY ONE of his birth month celebration. So, to honor my sweet man I am covering him in prayer over the next 31 days. I thought I'd post each day on my blog in hopes that some of you ladies will jump on the bandwagon with me. Let's cover our husband's in prayer, huh?!! :)

Day One: Pray that your husband will grow spiritually and consider his accountability before the Lord. Pray that he will guard his heart by developing spiritual disciplines--Bible reading and study, prayer, meditation, scripture memorization, etc.

"Guard your heart above all else, for it determines the course of your life." -Proverbs 4:23

Go ahead and leave me a comment if you are joining me on this 31-day journey. I'd love to help encourage you and keep you accountable :) Paul tells us that all Christians should pray for one another, and as wives, it is our responsibility and privilege to pray for our husbands.  After all we are suppose to do our men good (Proverbs 31:12).
Photobucket

4 comments:

The Nolen's said...

Best Birthday-Month-gift ever! Joining you!

Unknown said...

I always love your blog. count me in. you always inspire me.

allie-mac-fallie said...

oh my gosh!! I LOOVE THIS SO MUCH!! Even though I am a few days late I would love to jump on board with you!! :) Happy Birthday to him and way to go girl for being a praying wife! I (we) so need to get in the word together... I know we do! Praying about that too! :)

Paige said...

I really wish that I would of saw this posts a while ago. I have been wanting to find something similar to do for my husband as we both grow together! Thank you for posting!!

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for stopping by my blog today and leaving me some comment love :) Hope your day is blessed!