I realize that I totally missed a nine month post :( but, I didn't beat myself up over it. I've kinda had plenty going on in our little world!
My baby boy is officially 10 months old. I know it's super cliche, and I know I say it every stinkin' month, but I cannot believe how fast these months have flown by! Being a mother to this sweet little boy has truly been one of the biggest blessings in my life, he makes being a momma so easy! He is such a happy, happy, happy boy! His sweet smile and laugh are so infectious. My heart is constantly overwhelmed with love for this little guy, sometimes I think it might explode :)
Some fast facts on my sweet little Cale Michael:
- He has FIVE teeth. Two on the bottom and three on top. He thinks growing teeth is for the birds! Seriously, though, he has been a champ teether. No symptoms at all. We always know when he's working on one, because his gums will swell. Other than seeing it finally poke through, that's usually the only warning we have.
- He LOVES saying "mama" and "dada." We're also currently working on his name, he's got the "cccccc" down :) It warms our hearts to hear him so proudly profess our names!
- He crawls. all. over. the. place. Baby gates have become a rather permanent staple in our home. He is such a little explorer. Electrical sockets, cords, dog bowls, nothing is safe anymore. I'm enjoying watching him explore the world around him in a whole new way.
- He eats anything and everything that is put in front of him. He is getting so good at feeding himself finger foods. We use his own place mat whenever we eat out these days, and he pretty much eats anything we throw at him. He dined on steak and sweet potato fries last weekend just like a big boy! It's been so much fun cooking for him! Last Saturday morning I fixed him two 'Cale-size' pancakes and a scrambled egg......aaaaand, it was devoured. He's easy to take out and about as long as there is food in front of his face :)
- He has started pulling up on things. Most of the time he will only pull up to his knees, but a couple times he has found his feet. I found him independently 'standing' on his knees in the middle of the living room floor the other day. You could tell it caught him by surprise, because his eyes got huge with excitement and surprise!
- Just recently he has become slightly obsessed with eyes and noses. Whenever I hold him tight in my lap to cuddle, he breaks out that little pointer finger and goes back and forth between my eyes and nose. He has a Cabbage Patch doll that he will sit and flick his eyes for a good 10 minutes at a time.
- He seems to be a musical little guy. He has started 'dancing,' which is pretty darn funny. It doesn't take much of a melody to get him to bust out his dance moves! I cranked up the TV earlier to hear the CMA special, and Cale was in heaven! Not only does he dance, but occasionally, he'll break out the dancing and singing combo. I love hearing his little voice 'sing,' and often I compare it to how our Father feels when He hears our praises.