Saturday, July 3, 2010

Checkin' off my List

So far, so good....as far as my "11 Things to do Before 2011" goes.

  • I've lost a total of 13-pounds, so I'm nearly to my 15-pound goal.
  • We've planned a girls weekend trip to War Eagle in October (it even has an official Facebook event page!)
  • I'm a master of coupon clipping.
  • and, last but not least, I have NOT cut my hair yet :)
It's now time to conquer my self-taught Bible study. I set this as a goal for myself, because I'm notorious for starting a new book/study and NEVER finishing it.  It's something like a monthly occurrence for me. :(  I'm determined to actually *finish* a book/study this time around!  With that being said, today I start "Having a Mary Heart in a Martha World" by Joanna Weaver.  I've owned this particular book for almost a year, and I darn-near have the first two chapters memorized! Haha.  So, here goes nothing--keep me accountable and encourage me to finish the book! 


"Like Mary, you long to sit at the Lord's feet....but daily demands of a busy world just won't leave you alone. Like Martha, you love Jesus and really want to serve him...yet you struggle with weariness, resentment, and feelings of inadequacy."

My inability to finish this book in the past should be sufficient proof as to why I would benefit from slowing down and finding intimacy with God during the busyness of my life!





Photobucket

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for stopping by my blog today and leaving me some comment love :) Hope your day is blessed!