Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Might as well Sit Down, I'm on my Soap Box :)

First off, I'll start off with some funny business.  Last night, at the encouragement of my friend Kelli, I put on my wedding dress. :)   It STILL fits, yay!  I watched the first part of the Bachelor Pad finale in my dress, until I was interrupted by Alan and his two friends who laughed hysterically at me. I can't blame them!  I'm sure they think I'm crazy--which isn't far fetched.

That got me thinkin' about my wedding pictures, which totally turned the faucets of my tear ducts on for a brief period of time this morning.  Most of my family and friends know that I was extremely disappointed in my wedding pictures.  We paid a large sum of money ($1200) to a "buddy" who was a "professional" photographer to shoot our wedding and reception.  For that price, they were AWFUL.  Seriously, I could've taken the same pictures with my $200 Canon PowerShot that I own.  As you can tell, I am still seriously bitter about the situation. Not a single wedding picture is hanging in my house, for a good reason.  I won't even list all the reasons why I'm not pleased; it makes my blood boil.

Just for giggles this morning, I accessed his photography website. There are NO pictures on it, so apparently he's no longer in the business. Awesome.  The wedding packages are still listed by price, I should have never looked at the one I paid for again. It seems I'm missing (400) 4x6s, (1) 10x13, (1) 16x20, and a wedding album--however, NOTHING that was taken is even worth blowing up that big.

All this anger coming from my 5'4" body frame, but it feels good to be able to "rant" about it once again! I'm sure this won't be the last time it causes a rage in me.  Word of advice to young brides, do your research. Don't cut corners by relying on "buddies," just go with the professionals to preserve your special day :)



Photobucket

1 comments:

Tere and Rodney said...

I have to say that I wasn't totally impressed by my wedding photos that were done by a family friend, but we did have a buddy that DJ'd the reception. He was awesome!

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for stopping by my blog today and leaving me some comment love :) Hope your day is blessed!