Thursday, September 16, 2010

Take that Menopause, Week 4

So, I've thought about changing my title for these weekly posts to "Holy Hot Flashes!" 

That's right, folks, the hot flashes have settled in and are here to stay!  No worries, though. They are definitely not a deal breaker.  I didn't know what to expect honestly, but they are just as their name implies--HOT FLASHES.  As my friend, Kelli, stated "you feel like you can melt an iceberg."  They come and they go, leaving me feeling sweaty and nasty. It could always be worse, right?!

My sleep has been MUCH improved this last week, but that should be credited to my little friend: cough syrup. I've had a nasty, nasty cough, so I get medicated at night to sleep.  I won't be tipping that little bottle for too much longer, though. I'm feeling much better finally.  I was becoming desperate, though.....like yesterday at work, I researched good 'ol homemade cough syrup (aka: "grandpa's cough medicine," Hot Toddy, whiskey). You'd be amazed at the different recipes you can find for homemade cough syrup online.  If my family is lucky, I will resort back to the olden days and start making my own! :) Haha!

Today is SHOT #2! :) I'm proud of myself for doing so well up to this point. I have several women who have walked in these shoes that I frequently use for advice. Each has warned me: "Don't be bragging until after you 2nd shot starts taking affect."  Oh geez. Bring it :)

On a side note to all of this, I have two AWESOME girlfriends who are walking through this journey with me.  I won't name them for the sake of their privacy....but Girlfriend "A" starts her Lupron shots today, and Girlfriend "B" has her 2nd shot today! :)  I'm so glad we have each other during this time!  By the end of all of this our husbands might have the three of us on a private deserted island--but, that'd be okay with me :)

Photobucket

1 comments:

Gillion said...

are you getting better now? Pei Pa Koa (www.geocities.jp/ninjiom_hong_kong/index_e.htm ) is one of the few Chinese natural cough remedies that have been scientifically studied. it's something like herb plus honey, and it's sweet, thick and black in color. If you have a cough, look for it! It used to be one of my favourite natural cough remedies.

if your cough persists, seek professional help such as traditional Chinese medicine physicians - I have had very good experiences with them.

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for stopping by my blog today and leaving me some comment love :) Hope your day is blessed!