Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Show Us Your Life, Living Room

I'm a few days behind the times, but on Friday Kelly at Kelly's Korner began hosting a fall series of "Show Us Your Life" Fridays.  I missed LIVING ROOM week, so Im playing catch up.

This picture is taken from the kitchen doorway leading into the living room.
We are fortunate enough to have two living areas, this one is where we spend most of our time.
We like to refer to the other one as a "den," and it contains the fireplace. We have intentions to use the den as more of a family room and/or playroom after we have children.

This is taken from the dining room doorway. Our living space has two entrances, one off the kitchen and one off the dining room. We have a beautiful wall of windows that look into a garden.
Here is our wall of windows!  This is by far my favorite room in the house--although, I probably spend MORE time in the kitchen.
This picture is VERY special to me.  It hung above my great-grandmother, Granny's, sofa for as long as I can remember. She passed away in April of 2009, and I inherited this at that time. Its such a peaceful picture and brings back so many wonderful memories for me!
This sits in the corner of the main living room--my childhood rocker! I hope that my children can make use of it one day.
Couldnt help but share this picture. I had Bentley's pictures taken for Father's Day last year as a gift for Alan. This is by far my favorite picture of Bentley.  It captures his sweet, playful personality perfectly!! :)
This is our mantle in the den. The clock in the middle was given to us by my grandparents. My grandpa passed away in April of 2010, so it is another heirloom that brings back sweet memories to me each time I look at it.
Another close-up view of the mantle. I adore the sign hanging in the middle. My mom had it made as part of a wedding gift for Alan and I.
Hope you've enjoyed your walk through my living room!
Stand by for MASTER BEDROOMS this Friday :)

Photobucket

3 comments:

Janna said...

Love the sign above your mantle. Very cutely decorated living room too!

Unknown said...

I love your living room! It looks so warm and inviting.

Misty said...

I love your dog's picture. I think it captured his personality. I also like your paint selection.

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for stopping by my blog today and leaving me some comment love :) Hope your day is blessed!