Friday, October 29, 2010

30 Day Blog Challenge: Day 19

We're on the downhill side of this 30-Day Blog Challenge!  It's never to late to link up with Katie's Journey.

Day 19, SOMETHING YOU MISS




I miss this little lady!
She went to be with the Savior in April 2009.  Her temporary loss was so bittersweet to me.  Selfishly, I miss her, but I know she had plenty of people that she was looking forward to being reunited with in Heaven--including her husband, my great-grandpa. I am so thankful to know that her body and mind were restored! :)  I can't wait to see her again, to talk country music and Sooner sports with her!!
I miss my cousins!
My Uncle, Aunts, and Cousins live in Knoxville, Tennessee.  I can't wait to spend time with them again!
I miss my Gramps!
He went Heaven-bound in April 2010.  There are days I would give anything to sit around the kitchen table and talk with him again!  But, like my feelings with Granny, I am so thankful his cancer-filled body was restored to health. I can imagine the two of them are still being ornery, especially now that they are healthy again. :)  I can't wait to see him either, to share another good meal with him, to see what kind of trouble we can find ourselves in!  Shoot, with his new youthful body, I bet we could even play a game of basketball!

...and I miss my Grandpa!
He went to be with the Lord in June 2010.  There are days that I'd give anything to listen to his silly jokes--the ones that I'd heard 10 times--again!  This man was one of the strongest men, physically and emotionally, that I've ever known! I have done nothing but sing praises to the Lord that he finally has a restored, healthy heart :)   I can't wait to see his smiling, ornery face again.  (Sorry for the bad picture of him--it was my only option stored on my "work" computer.)

Between April 2009 and June 2010, I "lost" a great-grandmother, two grandpa's, one uncle, and three precious angel babies.  While I miss every single one of them, it's hard to feel sorry for myself or them knowing that they have seen the sweet face of their Savior.  God has taught me a great deal about greiving over the past year and a half, and I've seen the beauty of His plan unfold in each of their lives.  I know we will be reunited again, and I'm thankful for the endless legacies that each of them left behind in my life! I'm a blessed, blessed girl :)

Photobucket

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I just recently started following your blog...not sure how I came about it but I love your spunk and positive attitude and above all your love for our Savior. Just wanted to tell you I will be adding you to my prayer list...praying that a lil baby will bless your life (soon) but in God's perfect timing. It is never easy losing those we love but knowing we will be reunited with them again someday gives us a means to continue on in this crazy journey of life!

Kit said...

It is never easy to lose loved ones. Just remember that you will get to see them again one day.

On a lighter note I tagged you in my blog!

Candice Pair said...

I'm so sorry for all of your losses. What a sweet post though to take a moment and remember them, and share your love for them with all of us.

Sarah said...

I am so sorry to hear about your losses, but it isn't comforting to know that they are with our Heavenly Father? What a blessing and promise we have in Him.
((hugs)) Hope you have a great weekend! :)

Amanda Moury said...

Lindsi I love this post - you have a beautiful family. Thank you for sharing :)

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for stopping by my blog today and leaving me some comment love :) Hope your day is blessed!