Monday, November 1, 2010

30 Day Blog Challenge: Day 22

Link up over at Katie's Journey to join the last EIGHT days of our 30-Day Blog Challenge.

Day 22, FAVORITE CITY

I don't know if I have just one favorite city. I was born and raised in Tulsa, Oklahoma, so I'm pretty fond of the entire area (not to mention, I'm not too familiar with anywhere else). 

In light of a short trip we're taking in a few days, I'm going to have to mention a little area of Texas just off of Highway I-35W and Highway 114 that becomes it's own little city twice a year, known to men as Texas Motor Speedway :)  We take the trip down to the good 'ol race track every April and November for some Nascar racin'.  I can already feel it in my bones! I'm so ready to be there!!  If you've never been to a Nascar race, y'all should add it to your bucket lists. It's quite an experience!!



If I had to pick another favorite city, it'd probably be my little slice of heaven on earth: Norman, Oklahoma--home of the University of Oklahoma SOONERS :)  This city is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy! (I'm a crazy fan, as if you couldn't tell.)







Photobucket

5 comments:

ty said...

Do those videos not give you the most crazy chillbumps?? I LOVE them. I watch them every Friday before games :)

Katie @ Miss Klohn's Classroom said...

If you come to Texas...you all should make a trip to my little town sometime. Fredericksburg, TX! It is such a cute little German town!

Sarah said...

I live in Eden, NC which is right beside the Martinsville Speedway. We can hear the cars zooming as they pass! lol.
great post, and have a great day :)

Lindsay Thomas said...

oooh sounds like we're rivals. I'm a Husker :)

Tasha said...

I couldn't agree more! There is nothing better than a good Nascar race! Luckily I am only 10 minutes from Bristol Motor Speedway!!!!

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for stopping by my blog today and leaving me some comment love :) Hope your day is blessed!