Monday, November 15, 2010

Showin' a Little Love on Monday

1. What are your middle names?
Danise and Michael

2. How long have you been together? 
Together for 5 years, 10 months. Married for 2 years.

3. How long did you know each other before you started dating? 
Maybe a few months, but I just knew his face. No name. Our first conversation was about my "low fat" cheeseburger from the hospital cafeteria. I worked in a local emergency room, and he was working full-time for our Tulsa ambulance service so we crossed paths frequently.  On our first date I had to look at his debit card to figure out his last name, haha!

4. Who asked who out?
He asked me out.

5. How old are each of you?
I'm 28. He's 30. Yikes!

6. Did you go to the same school? 
We went to semi-rival high schools. For college, I went to University of Oklahoma and he went to Oklahoma Christian University. We both attended Rogers State University for our Paramedic program, though.

7. Are you from the same home town?
Yes

8. Who is the smartest?
Well, isn't this a loaded question? I'm probably more "book" smart, while he is more "street" smart. I think he would agree with that statement.

9. Who majored in what?
His undergrad from OCU is Marketing; however, we are both Paramedics--emergency medical services degree. Alan works for the Tulsa Fire Department, and I'm employed at EMSA.

10. Who is the most sensitive?
Me, hands down.

11. Where is the furthest you two have traveled together as a couple?
For our honeymoon, we flew to Puerto Rico to board a ship that took us even further south. I think the south-est most point we hit was Aruba.

12. Who has the worst temper?
My sweet husband, believe it or not. I hardly ever (if ever) see it anymore, though. He's gettin' soft as he gets older ;) I have some really funny temper-tantrum stories, but I don't think he'd appreciate me sharing them. Sorry to y'all!

13. How many children do you want?
Three. or More.  (That's my answer, his might differ slightly)  ;)

14. Who does the cooking?
Wife's job. He handles all of our grilling needs.

15. Who is more social? 
HIM. I used to think that I was a socialite and center-of-attention type of girl.....until, I met my man.

16. Who is the neat freak?
ME. 

17. Who is the most stubborn?
We are both pretty giving and forgiving, but we both have a stubbornness when it comes to certain things. Currently, his stubbornness resides in the fact that I CANNOT decorate for Christmas until after Thanksgiving--bah humbug to him! My stubbornness can be seen in the fact that the trash cans are still sitting at the curb (trash day was Thursday) AND that there are piles of t-shirts sitting on his nightstand (his large t-shirt drawer is over-whelmingly full). Haha! That's about as stubborn as we get!

18. Who wakes up earlier?
Me, I get up at 4am on work days.

19. Where was your first date? 
Johnny Carinos and the Longhorn Rodeo
Then, we went back to his house to watch Anchorman.
He held my hand :) ....and, kissed me! Gasp!

20. Who has the bigger family?
I'd say they are about equal.  We both have big, fun families!

22. How do you spend the holidays?
 We don't have a set holiday schedule since our work schedules are always unpredictable. All of our family lives in town, so no matter what our work schedule might be we get to spend time with both families during the holidays!  It is my FAVORITE time of year!

23. Who is more jealous?
Probably me, which is a stretch. I don't think he has a jealous bone in his body, which is why I picked me; however, I'm not a very jealous person either.  My female hormones probably make me more jealous.

24. How long did it take to get serious?
Hahaha, for who? Me....about a couple months. Alan....about a couple years.

25. Who eats more?
My ravishly handsome husband. I'm convinced he has a tapeworm. The man eats a meal every two hours--maybe it's just preparing me to feed a child every two hours?! 

26. What do you do for a living?
I'm a Paramedic, He's a Firefighter.
We're a blue-collar, public service household, I suppose.

27. Who does the laundry?
Moi. It's too regimented for him to succeed. He's not bad at laundry, but my routine just sets him up for failure in this department. There are too many rules and restrictions--like I don't even dry my panties. I know, I'm crazy.

28. Who's better with the computer?
He is. It's a boy thing. Seems we keep everything gender traditional at our household. We're old-school like that.

29. Who drives when you are together?
Usually he does, but occasionally he lets me drive. I don't mean to brag, but even he agrees that I'm a good driver "for a girl." :)

30. What is your song?
Carried Away, by George Strait
Alan recorded himself singing this song, which is what I walked down the aisle to at our wedding. Awwwh!


I am waaaay behind on blog updates. I have had a cold that has kept me down since we've returned from our Nascar trip. I promise to roll-out some update posts this week!


Photobucket

5 comments:

Caroline said...

This is so cute!!! I am going to have to do this one day!

Sarah said...

wayy too cute..I love learning more about you two :) And that's so awesome that you're a paramedic! :)

Unknown said...

I love this! You & Alan are so much like Aaron and myself!I love it! I may have to steal this for tomorrow. But for now YOU my dear friend, need to head my way because YOU have won an award!

Molly said...

I love all these! Its always fun to answer these little survey's about you and your love. Sounds like you and your hubbs are a lot like my hubbs and I!

Have a great Monday!

The Nolen's said...

i love this. i'm going to fill it out :)

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for stopping by my blog today and leaving me some comment love :) Hope your day is blessed!