Monday, December 6, 2010

Anger Issues

I had an anger issue this morning. The issue was....I was trying so hard to be angry with my sweet little husband, BUT he is just too darn cute. Ugh!  We had discussed our plans for this week several days ago, and knowing that we both had Tuesday evening free, we decided to load up the suburban with a giant, fuzzy dog and go look at Christmas lights. I have thought about this multiple times over the last couple days--Christmas music playing, homemade hot chocolate, me and my two favorite boys--so fun!  Well, my overly giving, not good at time management husband informed me this morning that he agreed to work for someone tomorrow night at the fire station who "really needed the time off."  Tears. Instantly. Was I surprised by this? Well, no. This sort of thing happens all the time at our house, you'd think I'd just get used to it.  Laying in my bed, right then and there, I decided I would be grumpy and angry with him ALL day. Surely that'd teach him a lesson, right? ;)

Well, let me confess to you, that lasted all of about an hour. I hastily got out of bed while he continued to lay there and fall asleep. I was so angry for that hour of his morning slumber, but as soon as his sweet little face got out of bed and smiled at me my heart melted.  Seriously, Im a wuss. I'm pretty sure he's been this charming his whole life, and I've just fallen victim to it again. That boy!  One of these days I'm going to learn to be angry, haha, who am I kidding? My mom always told me that I was a push-over, guess she was right.

Not that we have children now, but I definitely need to get a stronger backbone before we do. Otherwise, I'm in serious trouble. If our children turn out half as cute, sweet, and charming as the man I married, I'm doomed. 

This face melts. my. heart. every. stinkin. time.

Photobucket

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I would be sad too. I hate when you really work something up in your head [I think we all do it] and picture it so perfectly... and then the bomb is dropped on us and we are completely broken hearted! I can see me doing the SAME.THING you did. I too, can not stay upset with Aaron for long!
Love the picture of him.

Neely said...

Ugh thats the worst I totally understand. In response to your comment on my blog I loved reading your blog the past few weeks too! You are a fixture on my google reader now and I am so glad we found each others blogs :)

Anonymous said...

haha! its so cute how you react to the disappointment. i can never feel too mad at JJ either. i think its in his genes just to not have people mad at him or something.

i hate when things like ths happen though. it is so frustrating, and when plans fall through i tend to get pretty irritated. way to stay positive!

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for stopping by my blog today and leaving me some comment love :) Hope your day is blessed!