Saturday, January 15, 2011

SSMT, Verse 2

It's January 15th, ladies, and you all know what that means! :) It's time for VERSE #2 in our year long memory verse journey with Beth Moore and her Siesta Scripture Memory Team.

If you're just now catching up with me, you can read about this journey here.
Hope each of you are being faithful in your commitment to memorize your chosen verses!

"Whatever you ask for in prayer, believe" Mark 11:24
 It couldn't be more simple, right?  I fall short of this mark. every. single. time.  For nearly two years the deepest desire of my heart hasn't changed. Every day I go to God with the same request.  No spark, no enthusiasm anymore--just a redundant request.  I read this verse recently on Lindsey's Blog,  Pray Without Ceasing. She has been climbing an uphill emotional battle after losing premature twins. I've followed her blog for several months, and daily I am amazed by her eloquent, inspirational words. I'm copying the following excerpt right from her blog:

You will never learn faith in comfortable surroundings.  God gives us His promises in a quiet hour, seals our covenants with great and gracious words, and then steps back, waiting to see how much we believe.  He then allows the Tempter to come, and the ensuing test seems to contradict all that He has spoken.  This is when faith wins its crown.  This is the time to look up through the storm, and among the trembling, frightened sailors declare, "I have faith in God that it will happen just as he told me" (Acts 27:25). (Streams in the Desert)

It's time for me to stop letting my thoughts run loosely to God. It's time for me to communicate with my Maker and believe!  Hope y'all have found some encouragment in this today :)
Photobucket

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I absolutely love that verse! Thanks so much for posting, It is just what I needed for this Saturday morning! :)

Neely said...

Great post!

Rebekah said...

Thank you so much for the encouragment. It's such a simple verse, but there is so much in it! I posted my verse this morning too!

Courtney said...

This is such a great verse, and something I need to remember every day!

allie-mac-fallie said...

thanks for sharing! great verse!

The Undomestic Mom said...

love this! saw that you are thinking about coming to the Dallas meetup and you should :)

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for stopping by my blog today and leaving me some comment love :) Hope your day is blessed!