Monday, January 10, 2011

Weekend Recap

Our weekend was wonderful--it was full of friends, family, hunting, playing, and cuddling :)

On Friday evening, I met some of my favorite friends for dinner. Then, we proceeded to head to Tricia's (BRIDE-TO-BE) house to stuff envelopes with wedding invitations.  What I thought would take forever only took us ONE hour! We rocked through the invitations.

Saturday morning started off early with the Tulsa Bridal Show. Tricia had invited all of us 'maids to attend the show with her--I'm not going to lie, I was not excited for this event AT ALL. The hustle and bustle of the crowds and bridezillas were not amusing to me in the slightest. I kept telling myself that I was just in it for the free wedding cake samples :) Lo and behold, it was not torturous in the slightest! We ended up having a really good time, and I'm glad us girls got to spend that time together.

Saturday evening we hosted a pre-cruise get together for all the couples going on our cruise next month.  We visited, ate yummy food, and tore up some Wii Bowling.  We played through a double-elimination tournament--winner walked away with a bottle of Malibu Rum in honor of the cruise. As fate would have it, the bride-to-be and her handsome groom came away victorious. Alan and I made it to the finals, but they smoked us. We had an awesome time with our friends!


Sunday morning, Alan woke up bright and early to meet my brother for some duck hunting. They had a perfect overcast, cold day for shootin' some ducks. Despite falling in the water, Alan said he had a great time! :) While the boys were off playing guns, I headed over to hang out with my sis-in-law and niece. Morgan, 11 months, has started walking! :) She is too stinkin' sweet--we had to have a loooong talk about her growing up. I'm pretty sure she promised me that she would slow down so that we can have some more lovey dovey cuddly time with her before she gets too big!




I thought this picture was so cute of Brooke and Paige--Brooke had her flash light out in the garage inspecting all of the dead ducks! It sounds so morbid, but that is something that would've intrigued me as a child too. Hehe!



Sunday evening ended with plenty of cuddle time on my couch with the two most handsome boys I know! They melt my heart.

Today, we got some big, pretty snowflakes. I snapped a few pictures of Bentley playing in the snow.

Hope you all had a wonderful, restful weekend!
Happy Monday, friends!

Photobucket

4 comments:

Rebekah said...

What a fun weekend! Your evening with all the couples sounds like a lot of fun!

Neely said...

sounds like a great weekend!!!

April Rowell said...

First of all, I feel bad for those poor little baby ducks! Second of all, I'm glad I could give you a laugh for today. I'm telling you, she is a nutbag! Come by sometime and maybe you can witness her creepin'. I swear she floats *shivers*

Kelsey Claire said...

Just found your blog through Neely. Boomer Sooner! I went to OU, but now live in Dallas. Can't wait to start reading along!

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for stopping by my blog today and leaving me some comment love :) Hope your day is blessed!