Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Snow Day

I wish I had some better news for you folks on this blizzard-y, snowy Tuesday. It's n-a-s-t-y outside here in NE Oklahoma. According to the news, we've received 13.8 inches of snow thus far. It's suppose to taper off this afternoon leaving us with snow drifts several feet high and 60mph winds --not to mention the freezing temperatures.

As I'm watching the news this very moment, they have just announced that the Tulsa World (our local newspaper) will shut down printing for today, and that American Airlines Maintenance base will shut down for the next two days. This is the FIRST time that either of these places has EVER shut down due to impassible roads and blizzard conditions.

Hope that paints a picture for you of what we're facing in my neck of the woods.

PS-I'm writing this from work. Yes, I'm at work.
Our Fire and EMS community don't get to stay home on days like this :( We've had truck after truck stuck in our city and outlying areas, some for hours at a time. Fortunately for me, I'm in the office today manning our State Department of Health Trauma line; however, I won't be making it home tonight. There's no way.  There are snow drifts up to each of the bumpers on my suburban, so I'll be having a slumber party in my office tonight. Ugh! Please pray for our community during this time, and pray for my sanity today...... I'm hoping to make it home sometime tomorrow.


Photobucket

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is horrible! I am so sorry you won't make it home! That really stinks! Prayers heading your way!

Melissa Jo said...

That is horrible, I think I would go crazy not being able to get home!

Ashley said...

I didn't know you were an EMS? That totally sucks that you are stuck! I hope there are no major emergencies in your community and that the dig out runs smoothly!! It is probably safer to stay put!

I am also dreading the fact that the same storm that has hit you, will be hitting me tonight! Luckily I have the day off now tomorrow and I have recheduled all my patients in anticipation of the storm! I hope it isn't as bad as they say, but after reading your post I am not very optimistic!!

Take care! Be Safe!

Rebekah said...

Goodness! I'm sorry that you won't make it home tonight. Be safe in that weather!

Unknown said...

OMG I can't believe you had to go to work! I was stuck at home for 36 hours because of all this crazy weather :( Hope you got home okay girl!

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for stopping by my blog today and leaving me some comment love :) Hope your day is blessed!