Friday, March 18, 2011

March Madness

Morning, friends!

After day one of Round 2, how's everyone's brackets looking?

I'm in a pot at work for a gas gift card. So far, so good.  I'm not getting too optimistic though, since we all know how things go down with March Madness.  At this point in the tournament, it's any one's game.  I had several picked "upsets" yesterday, which works well for me since we accrue more points for those games in which we pick a lower seeded team to advance.


Does anyone have fun plans for the weekend?

Like I mentioned previously, we have NO concrete plans for the weekend--yippee!!  If the weather permits tomorrow, we will be working in the yard. We have a very landscaped acre lot, and it's time to be getting it in shape for the Spring. It can be very time consuming, so our goal this year is to make it less of a hassle.  My husband spent some time several days ago cutting down a pine tree that blocked the view of the front door from the road. My idea :) so of course, I LOVE it now!  One of our "major" projects for the weekend is removing LOADS of monkey grass from our flower beds. While it looks nice and easy, that crap spreads! Not to mention it's roots go every.where. Ugh!  Has anyone dealt with removing monkey grass before? Any suggestions? 

One last thought on the upcoming weekend, we're picking up a new-to-us (used) fridge for the garage! I'm so excited to have a place to store beverages and large food items. Having the extra space will be so nice when I'm hosting dinners and/or showers!  .......and, I'm pretty sure that the two mallard's sitting in my freezer waiting to be mounted will be finding their new, temporary home in the garage freezer!

I hope you all have a pleasant, restful weekend!

Photobucket

2 comments:

Neely said...

Its nice to not have concrete plans. I am super sick so thats my weekend plan :(

April Rowell said...

as far as the book goes, you will have the first signed copy! thanks for already being a fan :)

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for stopping by my blog today and leaving me some comment love :) Hope your day is blessed!