Friday, April 1, 2011

Fashion Friday, re: Shoes

You'd be surprised how long it took me to come up with that title...fancy, I know. I gave consideration to "Things That Would Cure All Life's Problems" and/or "If We Had a Money Tree." In the end, I found those to be a bit dramatic and needy, so you're getting Fashion Friday from me!

I've been going through a phase where I have a serious desire to update my wardrobe; however, my funds are going to other "more important" things at this time (i.e.: medical bills, general life bills, house projects, social events.....). Normal everyday stuff.

Today, I decided to share with you my WANTS and DESIRES in terms of summer shoes.

First of all, I feel like I could use a pair of shiny, fancy, closed toed red pumps for work. I'd be the envy of my co-workers (that statement might be a bit extreme). Seriously, though, I'd be pretty cool.




Next, I'm feeling some sandals that strap around my ankles. I currently own nothing close to this style, but I'm wanting to branch out.




Note: I CANNOT function in a high heel--I would fall and break my neck. I used to love flat's, but I've come to the realization that they do nothing for my short, stumpy body.

I'm kinda digging the 'boat shoe' style---please, don't tell me they aren't in style anymore. It will break my heart. It seems like the Sperry Top Siders have been out for awhile, but my heart is just now warming up to the concept.




Fortunately I was able to update my flip-flop collection before our cruise in February. I love me a good flip-flop (Yellow Box, my favorite flip-flop) but I have a serious issue with dirty feet. If I'm going shopping or running around town, I CANNOT wear flip-flops. Ewwwww! I do however where flip-flops at the lake, pool, or river, knowing that I can dip my feet in water at any given time.

What shoes are YOU digging for summer time?!

Photobucket

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I just did a shoe post! I love love love shoes!

www.meandyougirl.blogspot.com

Neely said...

It took me a while to warm up to topsiders but I love mine!

The Nolen's said...

I want some sling backs for work and some boat shoes for...summer. camping. farm. whatever.

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for stopping by my blog today and leaving me some comment love :) Hope your day is blessed!