Thursday, May 12, 2011

Cat's Outta the Bag

Now that the 'cat's outta the bag,' I have some pregnancy documenting and catching-up to do for many family members and friends.  I've been trying to use a site "Mama's Memoirs" to document our happenings, but it's giving me a TON of fits trying to get friends and family on it. Do any of my mommy readers have advice or recommendation of website to use? Otherwise, you're gonna get it all here on the good 'ol blog :)

Let's rewind time, shall we.......

WEDNESDAY APRIL 6th
POSITIVE PREGNANCY TEST


Since we were leaving for Texas Motor Speedway for the weekend I had purchased a box of two pregnancy tests. I knew I had to pack the pregnancy tests and tampons--not knowing what the weekend might hold. Well, since I got TWO tests, I figured I might as well pee on a stick for fun before we leave town. Lo and behold, it was POSITIVE! :) I couldn't speak, automatically my knees went weak. I took it in the bedroom and just held it out in front of Alan. He immediately began jumping up and down like a crazy man who just won the lottery. Me? I just clutched the test and cried uncontrollably into Alan's chest.

Those of you who have followed our infertility story, know of the heart ache and struggles we've endured to get to parenthood. Not that this moment was our final destination, but it puts us one step closer at punching infertility in the big. fat. face!

Yeah, yeah, yeah. By this point, you've probably figured out that we basically lied to all of you--friends and family alike. We knew a long time ago that we were sticking to this plan.....of blatantly lying. Knowing the pressure, stress, emotional pains, and physical pains that we've overcome in recent months, we felt like we owed it to ourselves to have an "us" moment. So, sorry. But not really ;)

We're still awaiting an official "due date" based on ultrasound, but according to the pregnancy calendars it's looking like Baby Hancock will be here by December 15th. Remember, we'll be a scheduled c-section because my uterus isn't strong enough to endure a labot---soooooo, most physicians will schedule c-sections anytime after 38 weeks gestation. We keeping our fingers crossed that we'll be holding this sweet little baby by early December!


THURSDAY APRIL 7th
PREGNANCY CONFIRMED

We had a whirlwind of a morning on Wednesday, trying to get out of town AND learning we were pregnant.

I called my physician's office immediately. Going into our "trying to conceive" phase, the nurse was adamant that we called AS SOON as we had a positive result so I could start on my Lovenox (blood thinner). I stopped by the office on my way out of town for blood work.

Sometime during the afternoon on Thursday, Dr. Bundren's nurse called to confirm my HSG Level (40). I had a heck of a time trying to fill my Lovenox prescription in Denton---you'll see on Monday I got to have my first crazy pregnant rant at my insurance company over the phone  :)

Photobucket

5 comments:

Rebekah said...

So I missed your post yesterday and when I read this, I just started crying! I am THRILLED for you!

Anonymous said...

I am so happy for y'all! I don't blame you for having your "us" time. That is so very special. Glory to God :)

Mateya said...

I'm a new follower! Congrats on your pregnancy!

Mandi said...

I'm so excited for you!! Do you know how far along you are, or are you waiting for the ultrasound for that??

Dana said...

I documented my pregnancy through my blog....I posted weekly photos of the baby belly, updates on size of baby....everything baby relaTes:) my family and freinds really enjoyed it...and then I had the post printed into a hard copy book...something I can keep forever. Now I am turning Aydan's firt year of posts into a hard book for his baby book...Love it!

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for stopping by my blog today and leaving me some comment love :) Hope your day is blessed!