Friday, July 22, 2011

Monday, Monday

Why Monday, Monday, you ask? Well, because it's my Monday at work :( I'm working 12-hour shifts the next five days in a row.  My boss decided that our department needed to go to this schedule for some ridiculous irrational reason (at least, in my head). I've been at my company for five years, which is a veteran in my field, and I haven't worked weekends in quite some time. In fact, this whole company is based on seniority and trys to honor it whenever it can---now, with the exception of my department where everyone is equal. Granted, I get five days off in a row at this end of this whole ordeal....but, you can't convince this tired pregnant girl that 60 hours in the office in a 5 day period is a good idea.  Not to mention, I have to get up at 4am to be at work on my days! (Rant over, thanks for hearing me out!)

I don't think I've ever done a bullet point post.....until today. I had too much random on my mind to pick just one subject :)

  • In reference to my weight gain on my last pregnancy post: I'd weighed myself in the evening prior to coming up with that number. Why? I don't know. I usually weigh myself in the mornings. So, after weighing myself the next morning my gain was only +6.5 pounds.  Let's stick with that, ok?! ;)
  • Also, I realized I left another reason to love maternity jeans off that posting! I am a size smaller in maternity jeans than regular jeans. Holla!
  • We have had nearly THIRTY consecutive days with temperatures greater than 100-degrees in Oklahoma, ranging from 100-106 (not including heat index). It. is. miserable. Like, you can't even breathe when you walk outside, home air conditioners can't keep up, and our poor farmers haven't had a drop of rain :( Last week our governor asked the entire state to pray for rain.  For our family, we haven't even been going to the lake. It's too hot (never thought I'd say that!).  I would swell up like a balloon and possibly bake the little baby inside me.  So, we've spent our days laying at home under several fans.
  • Have you ever had to walk away from a friendship because of unwanted drama?! I don't want to share too many details of the situation, but I've found myself walking away from a friendship that had been draining me---over the most ridiculous subject matter. Seriously sad when I think about it.  Anyhow, I've been fighting this good angel/bad angel situation on my shoulders.  The good angel tells me things like: "when someone asks you to go one mile with them, go two miles....." "a friend loves at all times...." and "turn the other cheek."  The bad angel tells me that it's perfectly acceptable to draw the line in the sand and set boundaries with these type of situations, especially when it becomes a sore subject in your home (specifically with your spouse!).  Alan and I have talked about it in length, and I know exactly where he stands.  What have you done in these situations in your life?
  • And lastly, we have really good friends dealing with a threatened miscarriage. They are in a week long waiting game to see if their baby experiences any more growth---however, their doctor didn't sound too optimistic regarding the situation.  When placed in a very similiar situation, we did not have a good outcome BUT I know that God is still in the miracle business :) Will you join me in saying a short prayer for them?  On the same subject, whenever they called to share this news with us I become a blubbery, crying mess.  After hanging up the phone with my friend Alan had to ask me, "Are YOU ok?!"  Whenever we got a positive pregnancy test with Cale, I had asked God to continue to make my heart very tender regarding the subject of infertility and pregnancy loss. It's not a calling or ministry that I'd ever have asked God to give me in this life, but I whole-heartedly believe that He allowed me to walk through those situations so that I could help others walking down that path (Help is a relative word.....it mostly comes in the form of listening, support, encouragement, and prayers!). This situation proved to me that I was still very tender to the subject and my prayers had been heard.
Thanks for hanging around this long to read my rambling thoughts :) Happy Weekend (to most of you!)


Photobucket

4 comments:

Rebekah said...

I don't miss those temps! It's in the high 90's here and next week it should be above 100 all week. I've had a few friendships that I've had to walk away from for a little bit and they've gotton better, but Dylan refuses to acknowledge that. It's a hard situation. I'll be praying for you friend!

Mateya said...

Yay for being a size smaller in maternity jeans! :)

Praying for your friends!

Allison said...

While everyone else has been having a heat wave, we've been experiencing mild temperatures (only in the 90's this week). I can't complain.

I'm sorry to hear about your friend, I will be praying for them!

April Rowell said...

Its funny that you mention about walking away from friendships. I recently listened to a podcast that was doing an interview with Cindy Morrison. Remember her from the news? I can't think of what station she was on. Anyway, she has a book out called Girlfriends 2.0. I haven't read it but in her interview she talked about drawing the line and realizing that you don't have to be friends with everyone and sometimes you just out grow friendships. Maybe you should give it a look. :)

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for stopping by my blog today and leaving me some comment love :) Hope your day is blessed!