Wednesday, July 13, 2011

My Hero

My husband is the HERO of our home--always there to save the day and put a smile on my face no matter what the crisis might be. He saves me in so many ways.

Many of you know, but some of you might not, that he also serves as a HERO outside of our home. He has served with the Tulsa Fire Department for nearly six years. I LOVE him in this role--it is the perfect job for him and I couldn't be more proud to be this man's wife :) Whether it's at work or at home, he is constantly serving others.  Not always are his duties life-or-death, pulling people out of house fires, and putting himself in danger. Whatever the need might be, he rises to the occasion to meet the needs of our public. He got some news coverage this morning for a call they ran last night, and I thought it was a neat little story all by itself. Just wanted to make sure he got some blog love attention :)

Here is a copy of a news article that appeared on one of the local channels this morning:
(You can find the original article here)


Check out the HOT one on the left :)




TULSA, Oklahoma -- A couple headed home from Tulsa International Airport early Wednesday morning had their SUV catch fire thanks to debris on the highway.

Tulsa Police say the couple had just returned from a missionary trip to Russia and was southbound on U.S. Highway 169 at 71st Street when another southbound vehicle struck a mattress lying on the highway.

That impact pushed the mattress into the couple's driving lane and their SUV ran over it.

Police say the mattress became stuck under their vehicle.

After stopping, the couple tried to pull the mattress free, but then they noticed smoke.

"We called some people tried to help us, but the car burned, there it is. It burned. And the whole time I was asking God. I said God my whole life is in there, my passports were in there," Phillip Renner said.

After Tulsa Fire arrived and put out the fire, Renner found his passports unburned.

Renner's wife and an aunt who had picked up the couple at the airport are okay.

The owner of the mattress has not been found.

Tulsa Fire says the SUV is considered a total loss.


Photobucket

3 comments:

Neely said...

Wow thats amazing! You must be beyond proud!

Melissa Jo said...

I know how u feel about having the man in service (mine is a cpl for the police dept here). It's a great feeling to stand behind someone who helps others in such a big way, everyday!

~Lindsey said...

Saw your comment on a friend's blog (Caroline & Fred Smithwick). My name is Lindsey so the spelling of your name is what caught my eye. Never seen it spelled the way yours is... I like it! Although, if you're anything like me, anytime you see any item that you can get w/ names on it, you get annoyed that they never have one w/ the "correct" spelling. (they're always LindsAy) Another thing I noticed on your comment was that you were having to give yourself shots. I'm not pregnant & have never had kids but I did go into cardiac arrest back in 2008 & had to give myself Heprin shots in the stomach b/c of my clotting disorder. The giving myself injections part wasn't so bad but man, did it ever make my tummy tender (that where I had to give the injections) & it turned it completely black! Anyway, had to check out your blog. You've got a new follower! Best of luck on your pregnancy!! Praying those shots do the job they're supposed to. =)

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for stopping by my blog today and leaving me some comment love :) Hope your day is blessed!