Friday, September 2, 2011

25 Weeks

I'm going to start straying from the normal weekly update format---it's becoming too redundant. So I'll just start supplying you with the good stuff :) Okay?

How Far Along: 25 Weeks

Total Weight Gain: +19 Pounds

So, you may have noticed my super rapid weight gain during the last few weeks. I was gaining a pound every 1-1/2 to 2 weeks up until real recently. During the last four weeks I gained 12 pounds (most of that in the last two weeks), eeeeek!  All this weight happens to be from the waist down--I have been swelling in my legs, feet, and ankles big. time.  It's like I sprouted little tree trunks down there.  My left foot swells massively larger than my right foot. As the nurse put it during our routine doctor's appointment on Wednesday, "impressive!"  Um, thanks??!  I had pitting edema going up my shins, all the way to my thighs. As I told the nurse, I hadn't noticed any correlation with when the swelling occurs (being on my feet versus not being on my feet). It kinda just shows up whenever it wants.  She told me that I could thank my sweet growing little baby for this phenomenon :( (Thanks, Cale!)  Apparently, he is nestled into the very lowest nesting point of my pelvic cavity, making circulation in my lower extremities very poor. Cale looked fantastic, but obviously this isn't healty for my body.  My blood pressure has been fine--but, they will start tracking me every two weeks now. (Stay away, pre-ecclampsia!)  I'm drinking water in massive amounts now and taking frequent visits to my parents to sit in the whirpool tub. That might sound like a dream come true to some of you, but I despise baths! It makes me feel like I'm sitting in my own filth! Yuck! The water circulation around my legs is suppose to be the best thing for the swelling, forcing the fluid back up to the rest of my body.  After one 'bath,' I could tell a drastic difference the next morning. They've made a believer out of me :) (Not in baths, but the therapy itself.)  They told me not to lose heart, though, over this situation. Cale will soon be too big to camp out waaaaay down there, so it will force him to 'pop up' a little higher. (PS-When I visited the doctor on Wednesday, I was up +23 pounds! Phew! So this therapy is working, Yay!!!)

Best Moment this Week: We got to see this sweet little guy again on ultrasound this week! He was unusually ornery---stinker.  We didn't even get to see how much he'd grown because he wouldn't sit still.  She quickly found his head (and entire body for that matter) curled up in the lower left portion of my pelvic cavity, and by the end of the ultrasound, he was entirely on the upper right portion of my uterus. Don't know if he was just being silly or if we interrupted nap time, but he was not having anything to do with the ultrasound that day. She could feel him kicking against the probe on my belly, haha!  We ended up taking home a bunch of pictures of his feet :) (Least we know there are TEN perfect little toes on those feet!)

 Yay for visible ankle bones and non-sausage like toes! :)
This would be 10 hours post water therapy.

Sweet little foot print :)
I'm pretty parital, but I think it's just perfect.

I didn't take a belly picture this week---sorry :(  I honestly hadn't been feeling well, just large and swollen. My hips, tail bone, legs, and feet just plain hurt, so I didn't feel like getting all gussied up for a picture. Rain check?



Photobucket

2 comments:

"The Mrs." said...

That little foot is so fun! Precious!

Annie said...

What a sweet little foot! Awesome picture!!!! You could always babysit - I know a couple who need a nanny!! lol

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for stopping by my blog today and leaving me some comment love :) Hope your day is blessed!