Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Sweet Daddy

This is a sappy story that I need to document for my own remembrances :) but feel free to keep reading if you are of the sappy sort.

Last night while getting ready for bed I was laying out my clothes for work this morning---I usually get ready in Cale's room since I'm up so gosh-darn early (4am). Obviously this behavior will stop once there is a baby soundly asleep in that room. I was standing in front of the dresser when I caught sight of this in the mirror:

There was a sweet Daddy standing behind me on the other side of the room. I noticed that he was holding an imaginary baby in his arms that he was rocking back and forth. He gently and quietly laid the baby down in the crib, pulled a blanket up over the child, and patted the baby 'good night' smiling during his entire practice session.

Be still my heart---and CALM DOWN ovaries, we can only have one baby at a time with this man! :)

Photobucket

2 comments:

Jessica @ Stilettos & a fishing pole said...

This is awesome. Moments like this, is what life is really about. I have the biggest & sweetest tears in my eyes. I'm moved by this. Thank you for sharing!

allie-mac-fallie said...

ahhh I would have been in tears!! :)

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for stopping by my blog today and leaving me some comment love :) Hope your day is blessed!