Thursday, November 10, 2011

35 Weeks

How far Along: 35 Weeks

Size of Baby: 6 Pounds, 7 Ounces
on ultrasound today :)
Total Weight Gain: Let's just say I'm about 3 pounds over my "goal" gain range. Oops.

We had another weekly doctor appointment today. I was pretty nervous, just cause last week's appointment didn't bring the best news in the world. My blood pressure has finally settled down with my new medication---it stays a steady 130/90ish.  Cale and I both checked out awesome today!  Swelling was good and blood pressure was good, that's all I can ask for at this point.  He was very thorough in his check-up on Cale, who continues to thrive in my little large belly :)  Nothing really new with him, other than he has settled into his final resting position. Doc confirmed that he has officially "dropped" in my belly.

They moved our appointment to Monday next week (only 4 days between appointments!), and they explained why the need to watch me more closely at this point. He explained that the medicine I'm on for my blood pressure usually offers a temporary relief in pregnancy induced hypertension, ranging from day(s) to week(s). He warned me to keep a close eye on rising pressures despite my rest and medication.  They are also concerned with my clotting disorder, which I've been on medication for since day one.  The nurse explained that it usually is an issue early in pregnancy AND late in pregnancy (the middle part is the easy part). They just want to be a step ahead of these issues, which I appreciate! :) 

Sorry for all the medical jargon, but I try to keep my friends and family updated---and this saves me from offering 27 explanations.

They are not "pre-scheduling" Cale's birthday, even though they know I will be a c-section when the time comes.  With the hypertension issue that has arose, it will totally depend on how my body responds over the next day(s) and week(s), so keep on praying for my 'ol body to cooperate!  They seem to be working :)

Here we are this week, do you think my belly has dropped?



Not that it was ever attractive, but I think it's not as cute of a pregnant belly now that it just hangs down low. If I've been sitting/laying down for an extended period of time, it feels like he is going to fall out whenever I get up. Ha!
Photobucket

5 comments:

Rebekah said...

I still think it's a cute belly! I can tell he's dropped. I'm glad that the doctors are taking care of you so well with all the precautions. Praying that Cale cooks a bit longer!

Unknown said...

You are SOOOO cute! 3lbs over, who cares... CALE IS COMING VERY SOON! OMGoodness, how exciting! I am wearing the biggest smile right now.

It's awesome to hear that your Doctors are looking over you so close, they should. I will be praying for you, your body, & Cale to stay a little longer. I'm so excited Lindsi! :)

Ashley said...

You look great!!!! You are glowing like crazy!!! Can't believe it's 35 weeks already!!!

Anonymous said...

You look sooo cute! almost here!

allie-mac-fallie said...

you are so close!! cant wait to meet him! you look amazing :)
ps just wanted to let you know that i went to reply to a comment you left on my blog and it wouldnt let me bc it says you dont have an email attached to your blog... just letting you know :) thanks for the sweet comments on my blog!!

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for stopping by my blog today and leaving me some comment love :) Hope your day is blessed!