Friday, April 13, 2012

Easter 2012

First of all, I noticed that this is my 300th post! Random.

Easter is probably my second favorite holiday, falling very close to Christmas on my list. I love everything Easter for so many reasons---first and foremost, it is the celebration for what makes the foundation of my faith. Easter marks the day that Jesus beat DEATH! :) Because of Jesus' empty tomb, Christians are guaranteed eternal life with the Father. I love Easter candy, I love eating with my family, I love watching golf with a full belly, etc., etc., etc.

Sometime during the night on Saturday, leading into Sunday, I woke up with terrible chills---like had to put on socks and a sweatshirt chills. Then, when I got up to feed Cale I found that I had a temperature :(  Fast forward to Thursday, I found out that I had a sinus infection and double ear infection. No wonder I felt so crummy!  Needless to say, my Easter celebration was hindered by my sickness.

We went to church, followed by lunch at my parents. I didn't take many pictures, nor did I pose for many. Looking back, I really wish I would have had someone take a family picture of us! I'm ready for an Easter re-do. Ha! Next year will have to do.




 My sweet Bentley boy with his Easter lamb :) Alan's mom (Noni) had brought over several Easter goodies for Cale earlier in the Easter week---Bentley immediately claimed the lamb as his own. He has been so sweet and gentle carrying it around with him. Makes me smile.

 Alan's dad, Poppie, serves as a greeter and usher during church services each Sunday. More often than not, Cale is in his arms helping him. I think Cale is getting to know more people in our church than we are, haha! He's the most handsome door greeter that I've ever seen ;)

 Little Miss Morgan is quite the active little squirt--she's too smart for her own good. I think I caught her sitting still just long enough to take this sweet picture. She's as spoiled and ornery as all get out. My brother and sister-in-law have their work cut out for them with this one!



 When I asked her to smile, this is what I got. Beggars can't be choosers, I suppose.
She loves sitting in her PapPap's chair, her fascination of the day was leaning back in the recliner causing the footrest to pop out.

This would be Mimi the Easter Bunny that hooked Cale up with quite a fancy Easter basket. Again, sick mom fail. I didn't even take a picture of Cale with his Easter basket :( See why I need an Easter re-do? My mom has made the cutest baskets for each of the grandkids to use every year. I love that we have these traditions. Cale got FOUR new Veggie Tale DVD's, several sweet books, and some candy from the Easter bunny this year.

 
Photobucket

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for stopping by my blog today and leaving me some comment love :) Hope your day is blessed!